Savas Beatie LLC is the Recipient of Four Book Awards for 2015 Savas Beatie, independent book publisher focusing upon military history and maters, has been notified that three of its titles and one of its book series are the recipients of prestigious awards. Significantly, for the first time in the award's history, every finalist title was from a single publisher, Savas Beatie. The titles are:
1. Spies, Scouts, and Secrets in the Gettysburg Campaign: How the Critical Role of Intelligence Impacted the Outcome of Lee's Invasion of the North, June - July 1863, by Thomas J. Ryan, is the recipient of the Bachelder-Coddington Literary Award for the best book published on Gettysburg (awarded by the Robert E. Lee Civil War Round Table of Central New Jersey).
2. Fighting for General Lee: Confederate General Rufus Barringer and the North Carolina Cavalry Brigade,
by Sheridan R. Barringer, is the recipient of the Douglas Southall
Freeman History Award "for the best published book of high merit in the
field of Southern history" (awarded by the Military Order of the Stars
3. The Chickamauga Campaign-Glory or the Grave,
by David A. Powell, is the recipient of the Richard Barksdale Harwell
Book Award for the best Civil War book of the year (awarded by the
Atlanta Civil War Round Table). Mr. Powell is the first author to win
the award twice.
4. The Emerging Civil War Series, Chris
Mackowski (series editor) and Kris White (series historian), is the
recipient of Army Historical Foundation's Lt. Gen. Richard G. Trefry
Award, which honors books or a series of books that deserve special
recognition for their contribution to the literature on the U.S. Army.
1. Thomas J. Ryan served three years in the Army and decades in intelligence operations-related capacities. He is now retired;
2. Sheridan R. Barringer worked decades with NASA and has two other books under contract with Savas Beatie;
3. David A. Powell is a graduate of VMI and works in Chicago. He is the author of two previous award-winning books;
4. Chris Mackowski and Kristopher White are both prolific authors. The former is a professor in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at St. Bonaventure University in Allegany, New York and works as a historian with the National Park Service at Fredericksburg & Spotsylvania National Military Park, while Kris works as a historian for the Penn-Trafford Recreation Board and a continuing education instructor for the Community College of Allegheny County near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
"I cannot tell you haw pleased and humbled we arll are by these awards," explained Managing Director Theodore P. Savas. "These authors all work hard, labor in solitude, and hope others will read and enjoy their work. This is a confirmation of their individual excellence and dedication to shcolarship." Savas Beatie is a leading independent military and general history publishing company with distribution worldwide. Savas Beatie's online presence and the source of the text is this post is found at www.SavasBeatie.com